Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Counting my blessings: 17

Branch Of Wisdom

Hobbies

For a long time I didn't have any hobbies. In my younger days I had some, but I gave them up as I got older and my interests changed. It took my quite a while to find anything that I enjoyed outside of work. Then it seemed that parenting was my whole life. It still is, for the most part.

However, now I do have a couple activities that I enjoy away from my family. And it's nice. Once a week I get together with some ladies across the street who knit. I only know the basics, but it's a good starting place. I've only been participating for a few weeks now and I plan to continue.

I started my other hobby about 6 years ago. A friend of mine opened my eyes to scrap booking. Honestly, I wish I had just stuck with photo albums because scrap booking takes so much time, but I do enjoy it. It's a time of reflection on my kids' lives, enjoying them without the aspects of parenting that aren't so fun. It's actually therapeutic for me because I am a pretty frazzled parent much of the time.

I am thankful for these times to get together with other women, many of them moms, not all of them at the same stage of life as myself. I am also thankful for the sense of accomplishment with these hobbies because there is so much in my life that is in a constant state of "in the works" or undone nearly immediately after being done.

Don't forget to stop by Branch of Wisdom to read more blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment