Monday, October 25, 2010

Counting my blessings: 2

Branch Of Wisdom


Sometimes it's hard to come up with non-obvious things for which to be thankful and sometimes it's hard to hear or read someone else being thankful. When times are really hard for me (emotionally, physically, financially... you name it, I've been there at one point or another. Haven't you?) I don't always like to hear how things are going well for someone else. I want someone to be miserable with me, someone to validate how I'm feeling, and someone to understand or relate to it. But I know that's not a thankful attitude. I know that God speaks truth and He tells me in Philippians 4:8:

"whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."


Think positively, if you will.


So, this month I am taking an active step in counting my blessings. Here is my list for today.

* I am thankful for the warmth of the sun.

*I am thankful for the flexibility of homeschooling.

*I am thankful for the smiles of my children and their contagious laughter. It sure beats their arguing!

*I am thankful we are able to eat balanced meals and that we (mostly) do.

*I am thankful my husband has a job.

*I am thankful my husband looks forward to coming home in the evenings.

*I am thankful that my husband and I complement each other very well.

*I am thankful that God's Word always puts me back on track when I'm in a rut. (I am not currently in a rut, but resolve to read through my blessings when I am!)

To read what others are thankful for today, visit Branch of Wisdom

4 comments:

  1. What a very transparent but wonderul post. I understand how it can be tough to praise at times. I totally can relate to your top part of your post.
    But Good for you to find the silver lining and start counting blessings.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a heartfelt post of truth :) and your list is of many things that I share in gratitude.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the realness of your post. And I thought about including some of the things on your list this month!

    Hope you are able to get out of your rut soon. You will!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean...I think we all do! I do find that as I read all these posts of thanksgiving, even though it's just day 2, I feel lifted as I hear the praises poured out in the midst of trials. When we praise His name during out struggles, Father comes alongside and we feel Him pull us close. Thanks for sharing today!

    Blessings,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete