Here are my Things this Thursday:
- Our new dryer was delivered bright and early Monday morning. Yeah! Woo-hoo! Mini-celebration! Oh, ahem, sorry. I'll stop my happy dance now. You're welcome. I am just about caught up on laundry and can tackle some other task for a few days before I have to start all over again.
- Due to all the excitement we’ve had lately in our house, I hadn’t mentioned that no, I didn’t feel the earthquake in Illinois a few weeks ago (although many people I know, including my dad, did), but I do feel like there is not enough time in the day. Really? The earthquake this week near Chile made the days shorter?
- I’m still loving this card!
- Is 40 degrees really warm enough for shorts if there are still several inches of snow on the ground? I mean, come on, that snow is cold. Someone really should tell the 9-10 year old boys down the street to wait another month. (I shivered just watching them!)
- I realized this week that we are getting closer to getting through our curriculum this year and only have 2-1/2 months left of “structured” schooling. Two more weeks in the six weeks more of winter that the groundhog left us and yesterday and today are SUNNY! Look out summer, we are getting ready for you! (But not pulling out the shorts just yet.)
- Child C (4) recently started spelling her last name and has finally gotten all 10 numbers of her phone number memorized. She’s still working on her address. My kids still have no idea that they have to dial a 1 before every phone number in the US from where we live. We’ll get to that eventually, I guess.
- Is there anything sweeter in life than having a precious 4-year old on your lap singing the ABCs with her nice, warm head against your cheek? That’s what I’m enjoying right now!
What have you been up to this week?