Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Can you imagine?

So, at yesterday's softball practice, when I walked over to the playground to check on B and C, I saw a person sitting on the bench reading. The person was wearing a blue shirt and blue jeans. Their face was out of sight because the just-past-shoulder-length hair was covering it while they were down looking at the book. But that hair looked so familiar I just knew it was a lady I've known for 10 years.

I scanned the ball field for her daughter wondering if she was on our team.
I didn't see her.
I scanned the playground for any of her 3 kids, but still didn't see any of them.
Hmmm.

I was beginning to wonder what she was doing at the park, sitting on a bench reading a book, without any of her kids. I mean, surely there are more peaceful places to read a book when one doesn't have their children with them, right? Well, I was going to say "hi" anyway. Just as I got closer and was ready to greet her, this person raised their head up, swung their hair around a few times to get it back away from the face, and I saw it.

A mustache.

No mistaken, an honest to goodness real. manly. mustache. and a 5 o'clock shadow.

This was not my friend, I might add. Oops. I am so glad I didn't walk right up and say hi using my friend's name! Can you imagine?

2 comments:

  1. So, I have to ask... did you ask Doug Henning for his autograph? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear! LOL :) That is too funny, I've had that happen before. "Excuse me Ma...Mister" That's funny.

    ReplyDelete