Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

Yesterday morning, Child A had a softball game. It. was. freezing. Seriously, it was barely 40 degrees. While her team was at bat and she was on the bench, cheering on her team and waiting her turn, she jumped up, ran over to me and apologized.

She said, "I'm sorry, mommy!"
Curious about why she was apologizing, I asked her, "For what?"
She wrapped her arms around me and squeezed tightly. Then she looked up at me and said, "I'm sorry about your mommy."

It brought tears to my eyes and I just hugged her tightly. If you don't know me personally, you don't know that my mom passed away during the summer of 1999. Three months before Child A was conceived.

It was the sweetest Mother's Day words ever spoken.
Thank you, Child A. Thank you.

Happy Mother's Day to all of you who are mothers! May you enjoy today and every day with your children. For it is because of them that we are mothers!

1 comment:

  1. That is SUCH a sweet thing for her to do. Happy Mother's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete